Receiving Calls on your Landline/Cellphone from Around the World and via VoIP
Before getting started, as a summary, we'll sign up for:
Also if you have any providers that give you a DID number, or give you access numbers that can be used to reach you (eg. TPad), have the following info handy for each of those providers:
What will this achieve?
People in different Countries will be able to dial a number local to them, then an extension, and call you on your phone. Also people will be able to call you via SIP URI from VoIP applications.
I have tried to make this as detailed as possible, if there are problems feel free to get in touch.
Now let's get started!!!
Sign Up for VoXalot
1. Sign Up for an account with VoXalot (free VoxBasic account, and pick a 6 digit number you like that's not used for any other purposes).
2. Log In at VoXalot
3. Under VoiceMail ensure it is off (for now):
Sign Up at PhoneGnome
1. Go to www.PhoneGnome.com
2. Sign Up for an account:
3. The Countries with which it will work are these:
4. If you get the following screens , you need to find a PROXY in the country for which you are registering a number:
5. See here for a PROXY: http://www.samair.ru/proxy/type-01.htm
6. Assuming you got through all that, PhoneGnome will sent you an email with a link. Click on the link and follow the instructions to complete the verification (they'll call you and you have to enter a pin code).
7. Now Log In at PhoneGnome
8.On the HomePage make note of the following (copied exactly):
9.Under Features Activate SoftGnome Remote Access:
10. Now Click on Edit and set things as follows:
11. Now Click on View Sip Credentials (you'll need this info so save it somewhere, along with the stuff from the HomePage):
12. Now Click on Call Analysis then Placed Calls, and keep this page open, you may need it later:
1. Go to www.MySipSwitch.com and create an account
2. Click on Add New and specify your PhoneGnome account details as follows:
Provider Name: Anything you want, but be careful as you'll need to adjust step 4 to match if you choose different from the example.
Username: Your PhoneGnome Username
Password: Your PhoneGnome Password
3. Let's set up your Dial Plan for forwarding:
Note: There are some default dial plans here. Erase them before starting.
exten = fwd1.user,1,SwitchCall(**466@PhoneGnome)
fwd1: I chose this arbitrarily, you can enter call1,or anything you wish, but try to keep it short
user: this is your MySipSwitch username
**466: It stands for **HOM, and triggers a call to the phone number associated with your PG acct.
If instead you want calls to ring to another PhoneGnome registered number (not the one associated with the account) replace **466 with the number that you want called (enter it in Country Code-Number format, eg. 14162223333 or 442022223333)
PhoneGnome: Notice that the name here, PhoneGnome is the same as the Provider Name you chose in step 3
4. Now let's point your VoXalot account so that it dials this number:
Click Add New to add another provider, and setup as follows:
123456: replace with your VoXalot number
As I mentioned above fwd1 is something I picked. If you used something else in the Dial Plan setup above, use it here as well.
User is your MySipSwitch username
5. Check that the Registration went through smoothly by clicking the Monitoring button at the top of the page:
If you have a green dot next to your VoXalot Registration you are good to go
Note: Some people have had trouble viewing the monitoring page with Firefox, there is a bug that MySipSwitch should be fixing soon.
6. Try a Call:
-Call a SipBroker Access Number local to you: http://www.sipbroker.com/sipbroker/action/pstnNumbers
-When prompted enter *010123456 (replace 123456 with your VoXalot number here)
-Your Phone should ring
-Now anybody can call a number local to them from SipBroker, then your extension*010123456 and they'll be talking to you
Take it Further: TPad Account (Optional)
1. Sign up for a free TPad account
2. Complete the activation Process (They will ask you to enter a CELL/Landline where they can call you, and you enter a code. Make sure you do not check that this number be used to forward all your calls)
3. If everything goes well, when you sign in at TPad you should see this (the red arrows indicate the important settings):
4. If everything is fine here, make a note of your TPad number and remember your password
Set up TPad at MySipSwitch (Optional)
1. Use the same MySipSwitch account as before
2. Take the same steps as you did to add VoXalot to MySipSwitch
3. Set up like this:
4. By clicking on Monitoring at the top of the Page you'll see when the registration has gone through.
Note: TPad had some issues registering with MySipSwitch for a few months, but things seem to be working now
5. Try a Call:
Call TPad Access Number then enter Your TPad Number
Adding more DID numbers or Access numbers (Optional)
1. Follow the same steps as you did for VoXalot or TPad.
2. The only thing that is the same in each case is the contact field ( email@example.com )
Repeating the Steps for setting up Multiple Phones (Optional)
1. You can use the same MySipSwitch account
2. You'll need to register each phone for PhoneGnome
3. Just create a a new provider entry, PhoneGnome2, and a dial plan and contact field using fwd2, for example:
At this Point:
People can reach you:
SipBroker Access Numbers then *010123456 (where 123456 is your VoXalot number)
TPad Access Number then Your TPad Number
SIP URI to reach your phone: *firstname.lastname@example.org
All forms will ring your Cell/Landline
Now your are reachable on Your Cell/Landline from around the world via local numbers from either SipBorker or TPad, and just about any Voip Network that allows SIP URI Dialing.
Next step, Placing Calls on the VoIP Network(s) using regular PSTN phones (see Guide 6)
Comments/Questions/Feedback/Anything Else: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454642